Dog walks around Woolshed Cabins…
Walk to Woolshed Falls
A 20 minute walk from Woolshed Cabins provides the opportunity for guests to have a picnic or take a self guided walk around the old alluvial gold workings. Spectacular after heavy rainfall, the Woolshed Falls are a popular place to visit. Relax in the natural rock formations enjoying the atmosphere of the once bustling gold mining sites, the centre of one of Victoria's richest goldfields that lured thousands to the area in 1852 in search of gold. With over 2000 onces (57 Kilograms) extracted from this site during the years of 1918-1920.
For more information about Woolshed falls go to www.parkweb.vic.gov.au
Walk to town via the Beechworth Historic Park
Just down the road from Woolshed Cabins is the beginning of the Beechworth Historic Park, an hour and half "ish" walk into town for breakfast... through the rugged granite landscape and The Cascades, a series of waterfalls from Spring Creek. A personal favorite as it's a great walk where you can take your dog with you. There are many points of interest on the way such as One Tree Hill, Powder magazine and Newton bridge. This rugged landscape was the scene of many Kelly Gang exploits.
1. Beechworth to Everton Rail Trail... Something for everyone in the one Trail. Either charging down the smooth Rail Trail from Beechworth or grinding back up through the viaducts and over the old brick bridges built in the bygone era, you can’t help but imagine sooty faces out the windows or the clickity-clack from the track and the steamy whistle from the mighty locos.
Beechworth to Everton is a easy roll down the trail for 15km to a delightful classic Aussie two tap pub that sells great fish n chips or roll on a little further to the ultra classic general store for some homemade tucker and shakes. You will pass Pennyweight Winery along the way a third generation operation showcasing all of that experience and skill, that you can taste in every drop. www.pennyweight.com.au
A few pet friendly things to do around Beechworth:
• Baarmutha Park: Dog Friendly Park (Balaclava Road - Next to Beechworth Golf Course)
• Lake Sambell: Filled with trout located right in town, perfect for a 5-6km walk and a swim, there is also a bbq picnic area.
• The Beechworth Bakery, Bridge Road Brewery, Tanswells Hotel and town cafés: Offer outdoor dining so taking your dog while you have a meal is not a problem.
• Rail trails: All are pet friendly walks, we can provide a map.
• Eldorado Dredge: Situated in Australia's richest gold rush creek is the largest dredge in the southern hemisphere, its worth a visit plus your dog doesn't have to sit in the car. The dredge is listed on the Victorian Register of Historic Buildings and the National Estate Register.