Pets are part of the modern family so there is no reason to leave them at home on your next getaway, however if you do decide to bring your furry friend we do have a few rules designed to keep everyone happy. Woolshed Cabin is situated on 12 acres to explore with off leash areas with a seasonal dam. Each cabin is not fenced however each have an enclosed verandah. Our property is fenced with the exception of a small opening at the driveway.
1. Please keep your pet on a lead and under control around the cabins, pick up after them and never leave them locked inside the cabin. We don't consider it very pet friendly if you leave him/her left alone unattended in a strange environment. There are lots of pet friendly things to do while visiting Beechworth, we have provided a few ideas below.
2. All cabins have an enclosed veranda for day-time use, while at the cabins please keep your pet here as much as possible, however they are allowed to sleep inside at night, in their own beds. Keep them off furniture and out of bedrooms.
3. Any damage or breakages done by your pet will be covered by you, you are responsible for your pets’ actions and behaviour. If a dog disturbs other guests, you may be asked to leave. Any excess cleaning will also be charged back to owner at the managers discretion.
4. Limit of one dog per cabin (No pets in Woolshed 1). All dog stays are at the managers discretion.
Pet stay fee $25.
Dog walks around Woolshed Cabins…
Walk to Woolshed Falls
A 20 minute walk from Woolshed Cabins provides the opportunity for guests to have a picnic or take a self guided walk around the old alluvial gold workings. Spectacular after heavy rainfall, the Woolshed Falls are a popular place to visit. Relax in the natural rock formations enjoying the atmosphere of the once bustling gold mining sites, the centre of one of Victoria's richest goldfields that lured thousands to the area in 1852 in search of gold. With over 2000 onces (57 Kilograms) extracted from this site during the years of 1918-1920.
For more information about Woolshed falls go to www.parkweb.vic.gov.au
Walk to town via the Beechworth Historic Park
Just down the road from Woolshed Cabins is the beginning of the Beechworth Historic Park, an hour and half "ish" walk into town for breakfast... through the rugged granite landscape and The Cascades, a series of waterfalls from Spring Creek. A personal favorite as it's a great walk where you can take your dog with you. There are many points of interest on the way such as One Tree Hill, Powder magazine and Newton bridge. This rugged landscape was the scene of many Kelly Gang exploits.
A few pet friendly things to do around Beechworth:
• Rail trails: All are pet friendly walks, we can provide a map.
• Lake Kerferd walk : 5km walk grade 3
• Baarmutha Park: Dog Friendly Park (Balaclava Road - Next to Beechworth Golf Course - Read sign at gate for dog friendly times)
• Lake Sambell: Filled with trout located right in town, perfect for a 5-6km walk and a swim, there is also a bbq picnic area.
• The Beechworth Bakery, Bridge Road Brewery, Tanswells Hotel and town cafés: Offer outdoor dining so taking your dog while you have a meal is not a problem.
• Eldorado Dredge: Situated in Australia's richest gold rush creek is the largest dredge in the southern hemisphere, its worth a visit plus your dog doesn't have to sit in the car. The dredge is listed on the Victorian Register of Historic Buildings and the National Estate Register.